Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Welcome 2009!


Horsemen and friends,
I hope this chilly time of year finds all of you healthy and warm. I am greatly enjoying the comforts of an indoor arena at the "Aaron Thornbrugh Horsemanship Center" in Sonora. A fellow could get spoiled pretty quick to being out of the wind! I want to thank all of you for contributing to and participating in the success of 2008. It was a tremendous year for Aaron Thornbrugh Horsemanship. As a result of the momentum built in 2008, I feel that 2009 needs to be a year of transition and advancement. I decided it is time to take my life and horsemanship beyond some of its lingering obstacles and I have taken action on that very plan in several ways.


In 2009,


  • I have moved to a ranch with an indoor facility to accomodate students in daylight or dark and without regard for weather

  • I have recreated the safe, beautiful round pen that some of you have enjoyed at my winslow facility

  • I am adding an "A-pen" for teaching a horse defensive cow work

  • I will be having longer colt starting and cow-working clinics at the ATH Center because the new facility has a "Bunk House" that will sleep 6.

  • Two DVD's are going to be in production for 2009. "Colt Starting" and "Reasonable Round Penning"

  • My first book is going to a publisher in January of 2009

  • We are going to be kicking off a progressive, month lesson called "The Ride" in several arenas in Arkansas and Oklahoma.

  • Ranch roping and stockmanship clinics have been added to the list of clinic topics.

  • I will be doing an authentic spring branding at the Flake Ranch in April and a round-up and sorting at that ranch in the fall.

  • We have scheduled at least two clinics per month for the entire year.

  • The web-site is going to get a fresh face and the energy in it will be a reflection of our excitement for and dedication to you!

  • ATH Center is going to be helping students develop their interests in Ranch Horse Versatility competitions

  • I will be appearing at horse expos in various states. (These appearances will be posted on the event schedule when they are confirmed.)

  • A monthly "Reata roping" practice/ competition is in development for the ATH Center's 200'x300' outdoor arena

  • And I am going to be continuing my pursuit of "The making of a bridle horse" by going out to Helena, Montana to spend time with Californio bridle horseman Dave Weaver and his wife Gwynn Turnbull Weaver in July. (I am a student as well!)

It is going to be an exciting and progressive year for Aaron Thornbrugh Horsemanship and all who participate in it. I am anxious to see what 2009 has in store for us all!


I hope you find the harmony you seek!

Mule

No comments: